Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Off Off Off Off Off Off

Need a remote like this ?
What do you call the kid positioned
near the TV to change channels??
---Amish remote control. :-)

If you grew up in the 60's and '70s
you probably WERE that kid.

I like the gadgets, but I don't carry a cell phone, yet.
My wife does, and that's enough expense.
The cell phone, broadband internet, and Cable TV
costs about $150 a month.
Cheaper than a lot of folks spend on them , I suppose.

Necessities?
They are increasingly seen as necessary these days.
Long past delighting in the utility and convenience of cell phones,
many of their owners rely on them as status symbols.
I was talking to a young 20-something guy at the Cricket cell phone store Sunday. Even he shakes his head at the money people drop on ringtones and screensaver pix for their phones.

I don't need Fergielicious , photography, or Family Guy wallpaper.
Just want to make a phone call occasionally.

There are still a few pay phones around for me.

I wonder if the kids think I'm Amish??

Some day I'll figure out how to blog trackbacks, until then,
Hat tip to Angel at : http://www.womanhonorthyself.com/?p=2769
Always fine reading there.

1 comment:

WomanHonorThyself said...

aw thanks buddy for the hat tip!..cute post too!