Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Some Pig", wrote Charlotte.

I was reading about the new Charlotte's Web
movie that's in the works,
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movies.php?id=2240

A favorite book, I am reminded of my favorite farm story

that Uncle Walt told me years ago....

There is a traveling salesman driving down a country road.

As he passes a farm, he notices a pig
standing out in front of the house
with one wooden leg.

Several weeks later, this same salesman is driving down
the same road and passes the same house.

This time the pig has two wooden legs.

This is just too much for the salesman and he has to stop.

He knocks on the door and when the farmer comes to the door he asks

"What is the deal with your pig? Why does he have two wooden legs?"

"Well" ,the farmer replies ", let me tell you about this pig.
This is the most amazing pig that you have ever seen in your life.

Three weeks ago I was out plowing the fields,
and my tractor turned over pinning me underneath.

Well! This little pig heard me hollering for help,
ran out into the field and dug me from underneath my tractor!"

"Ok that is great." said the salesman
"but, what about the wooden legs??"

"Well, " said the farmer, " last week,
the wife and I were sleeping in the house
when we heard this banging at the window.

We woke up an looked out the window
and the back porch was on fire!

Thanks to the quick work of our little friend,
we were able to get out of the house and put out the fire.

If it hadn't been for our pig,
we both would have died in that fire!"

"Say, that is really fantastic," remarked the salesman
"but that still dosen't explain the wooden legs!"

"Let me tell you , son."

Said the farmer, picking his teeth.


"A pig that good, you don't eat all at once."

No comments: