Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Misplaced obsession

A CNN report: thousands of Avatar fans write in an internet fan forum that they are depressed, even suicidal when they find that real reality is not as fantastic as a fantasy CGI cartoon movie.

In related news, from the Night At The Museum forum:
"Why can't dinosaur bones and wax figures come to life after sunset?
I may end it all."

In related news, from the Princess and the Frog forum:
"Why can't I live as a frog in a swamp with an alligator who plays the trumpet like Louis Armstrong?
I could just die."

In related news, from the Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel forum:
"Why don't the chipmunks in my neighborhood sing and dance, instead of biting, clawing, and peeing all over my hands when I try to put them in the clothes I made for them?
I'm going to jump off a bridge."

Seriously, though, can I get a pair of Barcaloungers upholstered in Na'vi hide? Because if you can't live in a world with furniture covered in blue leather flecked with otherworldly bioluminesence, why would you want to live?

2 comments:

innominatus said...

"Why don't the chipmunks in my neighborhood sing and dance, instead of biting, clawing, and peeing all over my hands when I try to put them in the clothes I made for them?
I'm going to jump off a bridge."

OK, that right there is the funniest thing I'll read all week!

adiel@israel said...

first of all i think that such thoughts are kinda normal for teenagers, and i am sure mostly teens are fans of this movie. teens dont indificate themself with reality, they are mostly lost and thats why they have this feeling. as for me i truly enjoyed 3-d effect, one of the most beautiful things iv ever seen, though the stroy is pretty primitive...